Virtual back to school night
Dear Hillside Grade School Families,
I would like to invite you to our “Virtual Back to School Night” on Tuesday, September 14, 2021. “Back to School Night” is a wonderful opportunity to get acquainted with your child’s teacher and to learn about curriculum and class procedures. As teachers share topics and programs that are planned for this year, I suggest that you begin to think about how you can connect these ideas at home.
Please note that this letter will also be posted on the Hillside Grade School homepage, as well as your child’s homeroom teacher’s Google Classroom for your convenience.
Each classroom teacher will email families the link to their Google Meet session by Monday, September 13th. Special area teachers and support staff Google Meet links will be posted on the school webpage prior to Back to School Night.
- 6:00-6:25 pm: Special Area/Support Staff/ENL Teachers
- 6:30-6:55 pm: Classroom Teachers (All Grades)
- 7:00-7:25 pm: Special Area/Support Staff/ENL Teachers
- 7:30-7:55 pm: Classroom Teachers (All Grades)
- 8:00-8:30 pm: Virtually Meet Mrs. Torreano and Mrs. Caines-Giralde
We hope that you can Meet Mrs. Torreano and Mrs. Caines-Giralde at 8:00 pm. This “meeting” with be via Google Meet — please use this code to gain access to the meeting: https://meet.google.com/nmh-gqfa-jnw
Or dial: (US) +1 617-675-4444 PIN: 834 508 632 8660#
There will be multiple opportunities for you to “Meet” with your school’s administrative team:
The options are:
- Google Meet with Principals on 9/14
- The recording of the Google Meet with Principals’ 9/14 meeting will be posted on our webpage
- We will also be presenting at our first PTA meeting on September 21st.
- FYI — Google Meets have a viewer limit to 250, therefore we want to provide families with options.
- If you are having trouble logging in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A great deal of information will be shared with you at our “Virtual Back to School Night,” and time will not allow for conferences regarding individual matters regarding your child. However, any concern that you have is important to us, and I encourage you to communicate any concerns to your child’s teacher as soon as they arise. Good communication between home and school will bring us closer to our goal of meeting the needs of every Hillside Grade School student.
I look forward to the promise of our new school year!